Companies Doing Good Forum
– Transforming Society Through Businesses –
Hotel Marriott, 2nd December, 2016 – Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Companies Doing Good Forum” is an informative, interactive and engaging event that aims to establish lasting partnership among entities that can trigger meaningful changes in the societal spheres in Macedonia.
Its intention is to shed light on the benefits of adopting socially responsibility culture among companies’ employees, and point on the steps and values to take up so that this process breaks successful, according to the best practices presented by the Key speakers on the Forum.
Another goal of the Forum is to detect societal spheres that have the highest potential for change in Macedonia.
This segment is designed so it points to the potential prototype endeavors capable of tackling certain problems or social phenomenon, strategically. As an alternative to actions undertaken usually symptomatically, a couple of sessions related with this idea are purposed to bring different entities together, building up on their internal capacities and values.
Thus, this year’s Forum hosts 30 businesses and the same number of entities deeply oriented toward the mentioned spheres of societal challenges in Macedonia.
The topics that will be discussed and present are followed by good practice examples related to the following:
- Overall understanding of the most important aspects of the CSR activities focusing on Structural approach to CSR, Organizational management and internal culture in companies, Relations with the employees, Environmental issues, Market relations, Development and inclusion of the community;
- CSR and engaging partnership between companies and the civil sector;
- Introduction of new business models – for profit or for benefit oriented businesses
- Social Impact measurement models
Marten grew up in a small town in the Netherlands. He was raised with the belief that people are good but the businesses are bad. After he had worked in oil & gas sector, and backpacked through Guatemala as a Law student, his perception of good and bad had changed. It all started with helping out a young girl by giving her a pair of shoes, which initiated him to found an internationally recognized NGO, focused on education and poverty eradication.
In his search for a solution to create long-term change, Marten realized that what was missing, was a business model that combines doing business with “doing the right thing” and the creation of premium products. This led into the start-up of Good Hotel which provides premium hospitality and proves that business can be harnessed to do good.
Renate was born in 1970 in Vienna. She is Master of Commercial Science, Master of Business Administration and Master of Communication and Leadership. After she had worked in trade and tourism development of ACP-Countries, European Commission, Brussels she had joined EVN in 1996 where she worked in Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Units for almost 14 years. In 2010 she had joined the Human Resources Department. Today she runs management of the EVN’s CSR organisation. Renate knows Macedonia, and she has experience in running marketing related projects with EVN Macedonia.
“I can say that I was lucky being in the position to observe that adopting CSR practices and consequently increased CSR culture among employees and the managerial staff, grows the business as well. Below is the informative list of the values that CSR brings for the companies that continually investing in it, as per my observation.”
• Strengthening of customer’s relations
• Strengthening of the reputation and brand
• Improvement of Investor relations
• Increase employees’ satisfaction and loyalty
• Acquisition and maintaining of quality as responsible employer
• Fulfilling requirements in the supply chain
• Development of new business by introducing of new products and opening of new markets opportunities
• Early awareness of potential risks and chances as well as fields that require improvement
• Strengthening the ability to innovate
• „License to operate“ – written evidence of CSR performance
• Improvement of strategic management decisions – „you get the whole picture“
• Being listed in sustainability indexes
• Meeting the data requirements of researach organisations, CDP etc.
• Increase efficiency by aligning data systems, management processes and governance structures for financial and non-financial topics
Holistic communications are partners with UNICEF, IOM and other international organizations and Governments, for 15 years, and has been working on projects related with issues tackling social phenomenon in Balkan region and Africa. The local project we’ve stumbled upon (Lice v lice street paper), impacted our professional view on designing communication.
It shifted our focus toward ourselves.
Instead of looking into communicating a certain issue to achieve a societal change, we now first let the issue change us. We realized that working with Self and enabling “It” to learn, changes how you perceive your own business.
Holistic communications currently works to enable this process within entities dedicated on designing the social field, capable of transforming Businesses, Society and Self in their own activities.
She starts her career as Personal and Professional Development Trainer in The Netherlands were she has been living for 17 years. In 2007 she founded Agency for Communications ‘Ksantika’, today’s “Center for Business Psychology – Systemic NLP – South East Europe”, which is the first training center, providing international NLP certification in Macedonia.
Through the years working with many companies and individuals she has developed her own training style, which is motivational and respect – oriented toward others. Her approach encourages others to make long lasting changes in their professional and personal life.
Marina is certified Yoga Teacher and Holistic Therapist. She is successfully combining both, continually meeting the needs of the modern person in their private life and in the business environment.
“Lets make people aware of their drives, patterns, inspiration and achievement in life. By utilising knowledge, skills, insights and psychological tools to become more professional, self confident, enthusiastic and happier, people get freedom to make their own choices and become a part of a constructive change.”